Fun with Fruit & Veggies!
Add fun to children’s meals and snacks with tools to make shapes with fruit and veggies!
- Egg cutter – slice soft fruit and veggies like strawberries, kiwi or mushrooms.
- Melon baller – make a colorful tray or salad with watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, avocado, pineapple, cucumber or zucchini.
- Grater – add large or small shreds to salads, sandwiches, soups, sauces, muffins, cookies, etc. Try potato, carrot, beet, zucchini apple or pear.
- Wavy cutter – cuts firm veggies like carrots, parsnip, zucchini or cucumber into zigzag sticks.
- Cookie cutter – transforms vegetables and fruit into interesting shapes. Try peppers, apple slices, seedless cucumbers, honeydew or cantaloupe.
- Spiral corer – spiral cuts fruit and vegetables to be added to pasta dishes, soups, casseroles, etc.
For more ideas, tool and resources to get your child to eat more vegetables and fruit, check out www.brightbites.ca – Paint Your Plate. Paint Your Plate at school and earn a badge!
Boost School Nutrition. Receive Recognition. One Bite at a Time.